As it relates to success, the one question that is on most people’s minds is what steps do I need to take that can lead to success in my life? Parents desire to be successful in raising their children. Business owners want their companies to thrive and be successful. Of course, with others, it might just be discovering more time to spend with loved ones. If you subscribe to being more mindful in your day-to-day decisions making, you may find that it leads you to take the appropriate actions in reaching success. This might be an eye opener for you, but to be successful, one must start with a purpose in life and then act according to that purpose.
Most people want to be successful but what are they doing to reach success?. Are they willing to invest the time and energy toward achieving success? Winston Churchill said, “Success is not final; failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.”
To be successful in life you need to consider doing the following:
- Be ready to examine your moral character because you will be tempted to do things that do not feel right. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t!
- What are you willing to compromise to get where you want to go? Remember you must have boundaries because you cannot get there any way you like.
Today there are folks who don’t seem to know or care much about taking the more prudent steps to success. Adapting this simple three-step process will help you understand that you cannot just leap to success. There are methods to follow:
- You must first determine what you want to achieve and set your goal. Then you must develop your plan.
- Next, you must determine the process. You will need the means to get to success. When God gives you the vision whether it is raising a child or starting a business, or another important goal, he will also give you the provision whether it is an idea, a thought, or help from other people.
- Last you must draw from your ability to manage. Without the discipline to manage, your chances for success will be limited.
Along the journey to success there will be stressful times that you will have to overcome because nothing is easy to accomplish in life. You will need plenty of Divine intervention because there will be times you will be tempted by friends, family, and others associates to quit. Remember success is not achieved by those who quit. The Psalmist wrote, “if you do what the Lord wants, he will make certain each step you take is sure.” So Never Give Up! Never Give Up! Never Give Up!
By Chaplain Ghosten