All of us have endured tough times before. Combating the deadly coronavirus is one of those times and the toughest by far for many. This too will pass, but we do need to follow public health experts’ guidance and do our part to fight COVID-19. You should work hard to practice self-distancing and other recommended steps to prevent getting or spreading the virus.
However, you also need to continue working from home if you can and to do productive things that will help you work off the stress of being confined. Here are other helpful tips to deal with the physical and mental stresses during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Create a daily schedule: your ability to make a new normal out of the current situation is critical. Not only will that keep you productive when you work from home, but it will help you keep your sanity. If your commute is from the bed to the couch with the phone and remote in your hand, you are missing things you could be doing.
- Use this time to get better at something. Have you always wanted to learn to play an instrument or get in physical condition? Now is the time to lose the weight. You will find that music, reading, and physical activity will help in time of stress.
- Get productive. If you have always wanted to write but you couldn’t find the time. Well now is the time. However, don’t forget your obligations.
- Don’t forget that a healthy body contributes to a healthy mind. So, pass up the snacks and eat healthy food and get into a regular hand-washing habit.
- If you have to go out, keep your hands in your pockets and away from your face and other people’s faces and hands. Use disinfectant spray on common areas like handles and armrests.
Non-stop coverage of coronavirus and economic downturns will not help you deal with the situation and could lead to more anxiety and stress. Watch a movie or read a book for your leisure time. Take advantage of this time and enjoy your loved ones. The goal during this crisis is to stay healthy. This time can be a blessing if you keep the right attitude.
Allow me to call your attention to a biblical scripture that I have been reading. It is comforting to me and hopefully it will give you comfort as well. “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” This scripture reminds me that our land will be healed from the coronavirus. So, keep the faith and Never Give Up! Never Give Up! Never Give Up!