This week’s Up Close & Personal feature is on Mike Rodgers. Mike is a Vice President at LHP Development.
1. Name 3 people, dead or alive, that you would like to have dinner with & why?
- My ancestors that left Europe to settle in the U.S. – to hear about what must have been an incredible decision and journey to make at the time (late 1800’s/early 1900’s).
- My grandmother – to be in her presence one more time, and her Maryland-style fried chicken is the best that ever was.
- Bill Graham (famous music promoter) – the stories would be fascinating.
2. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
- In my early 20’s, I spent 2 months traveling the U.S. by car (mostly camping) and 2 months traveling in Europe by train (mostly staying in hostels). With no Internet and on very limited budgets, resourcefulness was key!
3. What are your favorite TV shows, Netflix series, etc.?
- I’ve been watching a lot of shows about tiny house construction lately and would love to know how long end up being able to live in them.
- I’m not sure anything has ever been better than The Incredible Hulk>Dukes of Hazzard Fride night back-to-back lineup.
- A couple of years back I was watching a lot of Restaurant Impossible and Chopped with my girls – really interesting stuff.
4. What are 3 things we don’t know about you?
- My hair started going grey when I was 19.
- I often took the Washington, D.C. subway system back and forth to go to high school – it was about an hour’s commute each way.
- I’m a big Jamband and Bluegrass music fan, and go see shows whenever I can.
With gratitude & coffee,