This week’s Up Close & Personal feature is on Sherry Bogard. Sherry services as Senior Manager for Indian Ridge Apartments in Shelbyville, KY and Madison Towers in Richmond, KY.
1. Name 3 people, dead or alive, that you would like to have dinner with & why?
- Sacagawea, a fearless woman that I admire. She went on an adventurous journey with a baby, survived being captured as a young girl. She’s quoted as saying “boldness doesn’t mean rude, obnoxious, loud, or disrespectful. Being bold is firm, sure, confident, fearless, daring, strong, resilient, and not easily intimidated. It means you’re willing to go where you’ve never been, willing to try what you’ve never tried, and willing to trust what you’ve never trusted. Boldness is quiet, not noisy.” I believe this is the kind of woman she was.
- Robin Williams, I feel this would be a fun and hilarious dinner. What an excellent entertainer he was! Three of my favorite quotes of his are: “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”; Not matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.”; “Spring is nature’s way of saying ‘let’s party!'”
- My mother, I miss her immensely. Our goodbye was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. To be given this opportunity would be a soul lifting experience for me.
2. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
- In Florida with my best friend, my husband. We did nothing but totally relax for two weeks…we got massages and any other spa service that was offered! The more time we spend together, the closer we become.
3. What are your favorite TV shows, Netflix series, etc.?
- The Big Bang Theory
- Young Sheldon
- The Voice
- The Royals
4. What are 3 things we don’t know about you?
- I’m a former award winning children’s librarian.
- I do Cherokee storytelling that I picked up from my great-great-grandmother.
- I’m Kentucky born and bred! I love the farm life with my husband of thirty years, raising German Shepards, riding horses, and spoiling my pet chicken Henrietta.
With gratitude & coffee,