Life’s journey takes us in many directions based on our decisions. Our decisions can effect where we live, where we bank, or which charity we support. Some decisions we consider may ultimately be decided by factors beyond our control while others will be ours to make.
Our decisions can sometimes adversely affect others and cause strife. To avoid this, try these tips:
- Strive not to push your way to the front. Pushing your way to the front can cause hostility between you and others.
- Do not sweet-talk your way to the top because sooner or later you will need to show that you are not in over your head. The fall will be painful.
- Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Take on a selfless demeanor and receive gratification by avoiding resentment from others.
- Don’t be obsessed with only doing what’s best for yourself. Single-minded drive can create bitter disagreement over even the most simple of issues.
- Forget yourself long enough to lend a helping hand and you will not experience controversy.
Strife wreaks havoc in relationships. It often stems from an inflated ego and leads to comparing, competing, and condemning. It is said that where strife is, every evil work will live. Become a strife spotter. The moment it rears its ugly head, uproot it. Look after each other so that no one will fail to receive the grace of happiness. Watch out that no poisonous root of bitterness grows to trouble you.
If you want blessings, then avoid strife.
Never give up! Never give up! Never give up!
By Chaplain Ghosten