This week’s Up Close & Personal feature is on Gladys Walters. Gladys is the Manager of Cloverdale Plaza in Bossier City, LA.
1. Name 3 people, dead or alive, that you would like to have dinner with & why?
- My mother, Rosie – She has dementia and I just want her to recognize me as her daughter.
- My cousin, Marlon – He passed away at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans as we stood around his hospital bed. I just want to see his beautiful smile again as we talk about our love for family and which Food Network show ideas we will prepare for the next family dinner.
- The Obama Family – I would love to hear some great stories (the good, the bad, and the ugly) about their years in the White House.
2. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
- I took my kids to Biloxi, MS and it became a community service project instead of
vacation. At the time, I worked in non-profit so they wanted to be like mama. We
bought school supplies and volunteered at a back to school event.
3. What are your favorite TV shows, Netflix series, etc.?
- The Princess and the Frog
- Judge Mathis
4. What are 3 things we don’t know about you?
- Food Network Junkie
- Court TV Junkie
- I’m a cancer survivor.
- Studied law in college but graduated in social work.
- I’m the mother of teenagers – ages 19, 17, 16.
With gratitude & coffee,