Overlook Ridge – On November 18, Overlook Ridge residents attended sessions to receive quotes on life insurance and to sign up for savings/checking accounts. Those who attended were entered into a drawing for a fabulous Thanksgiving basket giveaway. Three lucky winners were chosen:
Clear Springs – Property management staff served a full course Thanksgiving meal “to go” for residents.
Meadowbrook – Cute and clever! Staff gave residents S’more dessert kits with the message: “We’re thankful for residents like you S’more than you know.”
Southside Manor – Community Manager Tamakieta Monroe gets to enjoy a guilt-free Thanksgiving feast. Tamakieta, consistently one of the top walkers in LHP’s walkingspree challenge and this week’s winner of a $25 gift certificate, set a goal to walk at least 20,000 steps a day so she could enjoy a hearty Thanksgiving meal without remorse.
To top it off, this past Saturday, she completed her first ever 10 mile road race. Tamakieta, enjoy your turkey dinner and splurge on a dessert. You’ve earned it!
Corporate – Speaking of desserts, Admin Assistant Larissa Horne shared a favorite holiday recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Pie with Molasses:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pumpkin or squash puree or canned (one 15-ounce can)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup evaporated milk or half-and-half
- 1 unbaked pie shell, 9-inch
Steps to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Prepare the pastry for your pie and fit it into the pie plate. Keep the pastry chilled in the refrigerator if you will not be filling it immediately.
- Combine the canned pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, spices, and molasses; beat to blend. Blend in the beaten eggs and the milk until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie shell. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F and bake for 35 to 45 minutes longer, or until the center of the pie is set. A knife inserted in the center of the custard should come out clean.
- Top each serving of the pie with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar.
To all LHP employees and their families,