As 2017 draws to a close, another chapter in all of our lives will be completed. It’s been a good year and the LHP Random Acts of Kindness contest is one of the highlights. If America took on a similar commitment and focused on generosity, I believe we would take a giant step toward ending hunger and homelessness in every city across the country. I hope we can continue our commitment to random acts of kindness in 2018.
Visiting LHP’s 54 properties this year has been exciting. It has afforded me the opportunity to travel many miles on the road and in the skies. Against the backdrop of the stars above, I’ve gazed upon the vastness and beauty of this magnificent land from its majestic skies and its winding landscape. With the Creator’s acts of kindness, we are provided with a place to live, work, and play. As Chaplain, I’ve been blessed to experience enchanting moments listening to life stories, some happy and some sad. As I listened, I drew from your well, resources that provided me a gateway to spiritual insights for inspirational essay writings.
I’ve experienced expressions of joy and happiness whenever we chatted and laughed together. There were many moments of excitement as you welcomed me. However, I was always fully aware that your plate was already overflowing with work, and yet you took time to share with me your thoughts and ideas. For that and more, I am indebted to you for your kindness.
Each year passes and another chapter ends. But one year doesn’t define the totality of our accomplishments nor our failures. Years collectively define our life’s accomplishments. So, don’t spend agonizing energy trying to figure out those disappointing moments that are gone; but rather, focus on things you can improve upon with the help of God and put these six things to task.
- Plan what you want to accomplish in 2018. This is a great start for your road to victory.
- Set realistic goals. Rome was not built in a day nor will you accomplish all you would hope to achieve overnight.
- Reexamine the areas that you fell short in achieving.
- Have faith in your abilities to accomplish those goals.
- Prepare yourself through education and learn from others. Remember, no one person has the answer to everything or knows everything.
- Surround yourself with positive thinking people who are willing to provide you with constructive feedback.
So, let us each spend the next year identifying people and organizations we believe can benefit from our acts of kindness.
Never Give Up! Never Give Up! Never Give Up!
By Chaplain Ghosten