This week’s Up Close & Personal feature is on Dean Parker. Dean is LHP’s Good Times Event Coordinator.
1. Name 3 people, dead or alive, that you would like to have dinner with & why.
- Jesus Christ
- My father…he passed away when I was 2.
- My dad…he married my mother when I was 5, and has been our hero ever since. So I could see them all together and thank them for the never ending love, influence, guidance, and strength. Mom would have to cook for us…because she would want to, and she’s the best I know!
2. What’s on your DVR right now?
- No DVR. TV is usually on ESPN, Golf Channel, or one of my wife’s favorite shows about little people, tiny houses, or life in jail…hope this isn’t a sign of things to come!
3. What book(s) do you have by your bedside?
- Holy Bible
4. What are 3 things we don’t know about you?
- I was born in Knoxville and moved back here six years ago after living in Atlanta since 1980. I have now gone full-circle…my birthplace is just on the other side of the Gay Street bridge.
- My brother Ches (also my hero) and I have completed 30+ triathlons over the last 20 years, including 2 Ironman races in Wisconsin and Lake Placid. If you don’t know what that is, please don’t research…you’ll think we’re looney!
- My wife & I have a sweet little Dachshund named Hope…she is the center of attention around our house, and takes the term “lap dog” very seriously.