This week’s Up Close & Personal feature is on Walter Ghosten. Walter is LHP’s Chaplain.
1. Name 3 people, dead or alive, that you would like to have dinner with & why?
- Reverend E. James – he was my spiritual father in ministry who was full of wisdom and knowledge.
- John D. Ghosten – my biological father was my idol and he taught me the importance of “manning up.”
- My Vietnam buddies – we formed a lasting bond. We had each other’s back in combat.
2. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
- Disney World when my girls were young. My baby girl was only 4 years old, so we rode the overhead trolley all day. This was right up my alley – I don’t ride the fast stuff!
3. What are your favorite TV shows, Netflix series, etc.?
- Showdown at the O.K. Corral
4. What are 3 things we don’t know about you?
- I was suspended from high school for fighting 3 times.
- At the age of 14, I won the junior boys ping pong championship in Oak Ridge, TN.
- At the age of 15 I was involved in a car accident and given a 50/50 chance of survival.
With gratitude & coffee,